Simply buying a branded air conditioner is not enough. It goes without saying that you invested quite a few dollars in buying a good one, and you expect an excellent value for money. However, do you know that performance and efficiency of your air conditioner depends on you as well? Many people ignore the basic air conditioning maintenance on a regular basis. As a result, the machine ends up performing inefficiently and finally, goes topsy-turvy, causing considerable expenses in repair or replacement.
Tips to Effective Air Conditioning Maintenance
Some of the important measures that will help your air conditioner run smoother and efficiently are:
- Keep the outer compressor of the air conditioner clean by spraying with a hose
- Regularly clean or replace the furnace filter at least once in a month, and particularly during summer months, to avoid possibilities of dust circulations and allergens
Clean the duct work every 2 years
- Ensure that the condensate tube is draining water freely. Check the A.C hose connections for any leakage
- Keep furniture and drapes away from the registers
- During the winter season, remove the air conditioner and cover the compressor
- Keep plantations at least 1 feet away to allow enough airflow around the air conditioner
When you work around the air conditioning system, make sure that you shut off the power from the service panel before starting. Besides regular basic maintenance, it is also necessary to have the equipment tested and inspected by an experienced technician, once in a year or more often. Annual tune up of only $50-100 can save you almost 5% of your cooling costs. Make sure that the system is thoroughly checked by a trained technical expert, every 3-4 months.
The best way is to enter into a service contract with the manufacturer or dealer, which offers you absolute peace of mind. They will only take all preventive and maintenance measures, solving minor problems frequently and inspecting the system once in every month. This also reduces inconveniences like higher downtime and huge costs, in addition to rising electricity bills every month. The contract ensures efficient and proper maintenance of the air conditioning system. Many top air conditioner manufacturers or dealers offer comprehensive annual maintenance contract that include nitty-gritty of effective air conditioning maintenance.
Regular and proper air conditioning maintenance not only improves the efficiency and performance of the electronic equipment considerably, but also saves energy and costs. Hire a professional and reliable in air conditioning maintenance service provider in your location today; save energy, save costs.