Regardless of whether a furnace burns oil, gas, or is electric, eventually it will age and wear. At some point in its lifetime, a furnace will require some kind of furnace repair or even replacement. Even if you don’t use your furnace or heat pump for many months out of the year when temperatures drop you want to be sure your system is ready. Furnaces need to be in proper working condition which requires routine maintenance.
Our heating technicians are skilled and knowledgeable with both furnace repair and furnace installation. Whether your system needs regular maintenance, a minor fix, or is old and needs replacement Velocity has the solution for you. We want to be your heating company for many years to come.
When Does a Heating System Require Service? If you are experiencing any of the following, you need to have a professional evaluate and repair the issue.
Potential Furnace Repair Issues
- No heat in one or more locations
- Detection of a funny smell/gas odor
- Pilot light is out
- The furnace is making odd noises (squealing/rumbling)
- The furnace runs constantly
- The system cycles on and off rapidly
- Circuit breaker/fuse controlling the furnace is tripped/blown
- Thermostat not working
- Blower fan continues to run
- You have an old coal burner that was previously switched to oil or gas fuel
- You have an old gas furnace with a pilot light (These are 15% less efficient than newer models)
- You have an old gas furnace without a vent damper or induced draft fan (This limits air flow)
- You are experiencing high utility bills
- There is a lack of comfort in your home
- You have a furnace or heat pump that is more than 10 years old
Sometimes it can be more cost-efficient to replace a unit rather than repair it. Our friendly and highly trained technicians can help you determine the right choice for your situation. We only use the best brands and most efficient products. Our team can help you choose the right furnace / heating system as well as offer an annual maintenance program to keep it running at its highest efficiency.
Velocity is a licensed HVAC contractor in Clearwater Florida. Our Air Conditioning Repair Technicians are registered with the state of Florida (License #CAC1817421) and Nate Certified, which means you’ll always get proper installation, fast service and a job done right the first time. That’s because Velocity technicians have passed a rigorous set of HVAC certification tests. We consider them to be the best of the best among Air Conditioning Repair technicians in the heating and air conditioning business.
Velocity Air offers both residential and commercial services in Clearwater, Tampa, St Petersburg and surrounding areas. Give us a call (813) 370-0299 in Pinellas, (813) 370-0299 in Hillsborough or you can schedule online for all of your heating and cooling needs.