Air Conditioner Not Working?
Here in Florida, the cooling season is most of the year. That means your central air conditioning system is vital to your home comfort and If it is not working correctly, your house can become unbearably hot pretty quickly. Today we’re going to talk about a common problem AC System problem: What to do when your air conditioner’s fan is not working.
Your air conditioning system has two fans: one ac fan is located inside that blows cool air into your home and one ac fan located outside that blows over condenser coils in order to release heat from your home’s air. If either one of these fans are not working correctly your air conditioner will not cool your home properly. Let’s look at some of the common reasons that can cause your air conditioner fan to stop working and what you can do to resolve the issue!
5 Common Reasons Why Your Central AC Is Not Working
- Capacitor problems: A capacitor stores up energy that is used to provide power to your air conditioner’s fans. For various reasons, your capacitor can go bad and stop working properly, which will force one of your system’s fans to stop spinning. Oftentimes a bad capacitor will need to be replaced by a professional.
- Contactor problems: An air conditioner contactor is an electrical switch that controls the compressor and condenser fan motor. It is common for the contactor to go bad over time, which restricts the outside fan from working properly. This is another part that must be replaced by a professional HVAC contractor.
- Burnt out motor: AC fan motors go through a lot of wear and tear, and they can burn out when they undergo too much stress. This is especially true for air conditioners that are not properly maintained. A bad fan motor is a serious issue that will either require professional repairs or a system replacement, depending on the age and condition of your system.
- Loose or broken belt: In older systems with belt-powered fans, the belt can get loose or break and cause the fan to stop spinning properly. This can be repaired, but it’s often a good sign that it’s time for a new air conditioner.
- Unit not receiving power: Some air conditioner fan problems might not be the fault of the fan’s assembly at all, but rather a power issue. Various parts of your air conditioner can overheat and trip your circuit breaker, forcing your air conditioner to shut down. If this is the case, you can flip the switch at your circuit breaker back on. However, repeated power issues should be looked at by a professional.
Velocity Air Conditioning is currently celebrating summer with discounts on air conditioner tune-ups and qualifying HVAC equipment upgrades. To learn more or schedule your seasonal air conditioner tune-up, call 813-370-0299 today!
We Service Install and Repair All Brands
- Get Fast, Same Day Service: We’re available 24/7, even on holidays. Call now and we will be out to your house as soon as possible, or at a scheduled time.
- Best Price Guarantee:You always get our best low price. Never pay extra for service on weekends, nights, or holidays.
- No Bait & Switch Techniques: We diagnose the problem and give it to you straight. No gimmicks, or bait & switch sales tactics.
- Respect & Honesty: We will always respect you and your property. You will always get a fair and honest quote from us before we start any work.
- All Makes & Models : You won’t be stuck waiting on back ordered parts. Our trucks are fully stocked with parts for all makes and models.
Here Are a Few of Our Testimonials
"I called Velocity Air requesting a quote for duct cleaning on a Friday afternoon around 4:30pm. Brittany was my representative. She asked some very good questions and determined that we qualified for a in home second opinion. Our A/C was not functioning properly and I was going off of a previous diagnosis from another company. Bill was at my house the following day. He was amazing."
"We had trouble and called a different company. Charged more then they said and didn't fix. I took a change and called you guys. Setting up an appointment was easy. Brittany in office was pleasant. And what a refreshing change I got with Shawn. He was TERRIFIC. He explained things and answered questions. Fixed our unit for less then I paid the first one. So happy to meet a considerate gentleman. Thank you for employing this young man, he does your company proud. He is our go to guy from now on. :) Take Care, Linda"
"They were amazing they came out to our house at 10 at night to fix our air conditioning so that we didn't even have to go one evening without air conditioning and that is so important in Florida. They were quick and so polite and did not act annoyed by the time of day that we called them they were so prompt and professional and affordable I really felt like I could rely on them to be honest about what was wrong and it was a simple fix and they didn't try to sell us a bunch of other stuff that we didn't need and I will always use this company."
"Velocity Air Conditioning Technician Brad was the best! I’ve been having issues with my son’s A/C unit for months. After several attempts from other companies to resolve the problem, voila there comes Velocity Air right on time and ready to tackle my son’s problem. Brad is a definite asset to the company. He was genuinely concerned for my son’s dilemma and it is greatly appreciated. Velocity Air is 5 star and number one in our book. Kudos to Brad for a job well done!!!"
"Called 4 companies on Sunday to come repair my AC. 2 never called me back. 1 tried to charge me weekend rates. No way I would pay that. It's ridiculous.
Fourth call was to Velocity air. They sent out a tech within 30mins. Tech new his stuff and solved my issue within 15mins. Honest, professional, knowledgeable, and didn't try to charge me ridiculous prices. Very happy with my service and will use them again on the future."
"Our air conditioner was not working properly I set up for the 3rd of the month but I end up calling them back and they squeezed me and the following day now I have cold air thanks to the time the air conditioning guy check through everything made sure everything was working properly my air conditioning unit was too full on air conditioner freon and he emptied it out and filled it properly now I have cold AC I would recommend this company to anyone that likes excellent friendly service and thorough inspection."
"When I called Velocity air they were able to come that day, and where able to install a new A/C unit by the end of the week for a great price! The technicians and the office where very helpful and made sure I was informed ever step of the way. I definitely recommend them!"
"Air went out late Friday. Sent an email on Velocity's website, and they called me at 7:30 Saturday morning, and said they could come out by 11. Got here right after, and Erik, the service technician, looked the unit over, and found a blown fuse(of some type). He replaced the fuse, and the unit started working very well. They charged us less than $175. They could have easily charged me $700, and I probably would have had that done. Great job. I will always recommend Velocity Air to my friends and neighbors. Thanks for being so honest. And such quick service."
"I cannot say enough about these guys, best AC service I have ever received by a long shot. Placed service call late and the service man Shawn came right over, got my system back up and running, awesome service. Had them install my Trane system a year ago, excellent workmanship. Totally recommend!"
"Tyler and his crew came out and took care of my AC unit that wasn't working, came out quickly, got it running and running very well. "
"6 stars! Why use anyone else? Incredible from the initial phone call until job completion. A/C died in our rental house while we were out of town and they got on it within an hour, troubleshot and fixed it in another hour. Happy renters make happy owners. There's a lot of A/C companies to choose from but I've not had one that comes close to their friendliness and professionalism. They got me up and running in minimal time. Thanks Velocity!"
"Very impressed with Velocity Air Conditioning! I called at 9am and Tyler was here by 10am (he had a 40 minute drive in early morning traffic to my home). Tyler was very thorough and helpful. He had the parts on his truck and my unit fixed in less than 30 minutes. I will be enrolling in Velocity Air Conditioning's maintenance plan and look forward to doing business with Velocity for all my service needs! Thanks so much Tyler!"
We Service All Brands Call Today! (727) 437-3810